S411 ice charts for ECDIS
The sea ice charts in S411 format are intended for the use in an ECDIS (or another GIS). Please contact your ECDIS Provider if your system is still not capable for this.
Available actual ice charts are:
- Baltic Sea from BSH =>Quicklooks (2022/05/17)
- Canadian East Coast from CIS =>Quicklooks (2022/05/16)
- Canadian Eastern Arctic from CIS =>Quicklooks (2022/05/16)
- Canadian Western Arctic from CIS =>Quicklooks (2022/05/16)
- Hudson Bay from CIS =>Quicklooks (2022/05/16)
- Great Lakes from CIS (2022/05/16)
The previews are done with a simple python script and just should give an idea of the S411 content. The used colors are not transparent (as they would be as overlay for ECDIS), but solid. Depending on the region, the charts are shown in polar stereographic or mercator projection.
Actual charts as well as previous version are also available over ftp at ftp://ftp.bsh.de/outgoing/Eisbericht/S411/. Some background information is given here.